Thursday, April 14, 2011

Healthy Eating on the Go - part 1

I don't know about you guys, but very little of my day is spent at home. It can be tricky to make healthful food choices when you're out and about and that banana bread or burger and chips can be tempting, particularly if you haven't eaten in a few hours. So, i thought i'd share with you the healthy, yummy meals i find or throw together when i'm not at home and didn't get a chance to do my prep for that day.



On this particular day, i had an early start with P.T. sessions, then straight off to uni for the day, then back to the gym for a couple of sessions. On my way back to the gym, my grumbling tum prompted me to stop off at Oceanfoods in Drummoyne and i grabbed a baked fillet of fish and salad, no oil, no dressing-just fresh lemon and some pepper. (This isn't a plug for Oceanfoods, you should be able to get a similar meal at most fish n chip shops, but i'm always very happy with my meal when i go there.) It took about 5-10 minutes to cook and i (as you can see) ate it in my car before heading back to the gym. YUM :) and JUST-AS-EASY as buying a kebab or Maccas but far more healthful and satisfying!

No comments:

Post a Comment